Sajsana, located in the old seminary next to the new cathedral could be a fine dining, boutique restaurant in any big city. The atmosphere and décor are clean and sleek with a few, well thought out architectural features from the past. The service is attentive without being smothering. They offer outdoor seating on their balcony that overlooks a large courtyard. Sajsana offers not only full bar service but also an upscale trendy bar that you can sit at to enjoy a cocktail and appetizer. The food and the presentation are well thought out. Their specialty soup is a combination of three Ecuadorian soups served in a triple bowl. If you are trying for the first time, try their Ecuadorian ceviche. It is quite beautiful with a wonderful presentation. If you are a ceviche lover, be aware that this one is orange juice and tomato based. While there, make sure you take the circle staircase to the roof for a unique view of the domes.
Address:Benigno Malo across from Parque Calderon, in the courtyard of the building (Seminario) next to the new Cathedral
Phone: (07) 403-6728
Hours: Mon-Wed: 12-10pm, Thu-Sat: 12-11pm, Sun: 12-5pm
- Thai Connection – Exceptional Thai - July 8, 2017
- Sajsana Restaurante – Upscale Trendy - March 6, 2017
- [CLOSED] Romolo e Remo, Cozy Cuenca Italian Dining - January 23, 2017
- Quo Vadis – Small Intimate Old World Charm - November 7, 2016
- [CLOSED] El Farol – Exciting Tapas, Bold Cuisine - October 3, 2016
- Amasijos, Nice Almuerzo With Outdoor Seating - September 27, 2016
- Dos Sucres-Excellent Take on Modern Ecuadorian Food - September 12, 2016
- El Mercado – Elegance at its Best - July 8, 2016
- Good Affinity – Good Vibrations - July 4, 2016
- [CLOSED] Green Olive – Hit or Miss - May 30, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.