The Santa Canela Bar and Restaurant is a fabulous new restaurant that opened in El Centro. The owner Freddy did a beautiful job on restoring this old building. The building is quite large and contains a hostel, restaurant, and bar. There are multiple levels of seating both indoors and outdoors. The main dining room and bar are marvelously decorated. There is a full bar with all of the offerings displayed on the back wall. What stood out to me was the many American brands he has. The menu is simple offering hamburgers, salads, wings and Mexican fare. He also has specials he will tell you about. Our party of 4 had 3 Mexican dishes and a special. Everyone loved the food. It tasted so good with the Mexican dishes having just the right amount of hotness to the salsa thanks to the owner asking us how we liked it up front. The owner Freddy was gracious, speaks English and told us quite a bit about the building and food. He has lots of future plans like offering special dinners such as crab, cuy and lamb. This is definitely one of our go back to restaurants because the food was just so good and priced well. You need to give this restaurant a try, you won’t regret it.
Hours: Tues-Sat – 10am-9:30pm
Address: Calle Larga 3-82 at Vargas Machuca
Phone: 099 726 9237
- Santa Canela Restaurant-Beautiful Restored Building - January 10, 2017
- Pacifico Grill Lounge & Coffee – A Little LA in El Centro - December 18, 2016
- Los Parrilleros – Delicous Executive Almuerzo - December 13, 2016
- Akelarre Cafe – Spanish Tapas and More - December 2, 2016
- El Rey Del Burrito – Mexican Hot & Great Margaritas - November 27, 2016
- La Caleta-A Passion for Creative Cuisine - November 22, 2016
- Bayou Caffee – New Orleans Style Food and More - November 12, 2016
- Mangiare Bene – Italian with SO Many Choices - October 30, 2016
- Jai Ho – Authentic Indian Taste - August 15, 2016
- Habana Vieja – Cuban Excellence - August 6, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.