The Santa Canela Bar and Restaurant is a fabulous new restaurant that opened in El Centro. The owner Freddy did a beautiful job on restoring this old building. The building is quite large and contains a hostel, restaurant, and bar. There are multiple levels of seating both indoors and outdoors. The main dining room and bar are marvelously decorated. There is a full bar with all of the offerings displayed on the back wall. What stood out to me was the many American brands he has. The menu is simple offering hamburgers, salads, wings and Mexican fare. He also has specials he will tell you about. Our party of 4 had 3 Mexican dishes and a special. Everyone loved the food. It tasted so good with the Mexican dishes having just the right amount of hotness to the salsa thanks to the owner asking us how we liked it up front. The owner Freddy was gracious, speaks English and told us quite a bit about the building and food. He has lots of future plans like offering special dinners such as crab, cuy and lamb. This is definitely one of our go back to restaurants because the food was just so good and priced well. You need to give this restaurant a try, you won’t regret it.
Hours: Tues-Sat – 10am-9:30pm
Address: Calle Larga 3-82 at Vargas Machuca
Phone: 099 726 9237
- Little Italy Pizzeria – A Classic Pizzeria - April 24, 2017
- Pietra Restaurant – Quaint Little Cafe - April 17, 2017
- Ruta 72 – Retro Cafe – Burgers, Wings & Ribs - April 10, 2017
- Moliendo Cafe – Authentic Colombian Food - April 3, 2017
- Tifozzi Cocina, Italian & Argentinan Restaurant - March 23, 2017
- Namaste India Restaurant – Authentic Indian Taste - February 23, 2017
- Seven Spices Restaurant – Indian & Chinese - February 5, 2017
- Santa Canela Restaurant-Beautiful Restored Building - January 10, 2017
- Pacifico Grill Lounge & Coffee – A Little LA in El Centro - December 18, 2016
- Los Parrilleros – Delicous Executive Almuerzo - December 13, 2016
Get more stuff like this
Join others and get tips, guides, news and more delivered once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.